Tuesday, May 25, 2021

The In-Betweens

 Marjorie and I both enjoy quiet morning stitching and coffee. She also enjoys the sound of chickens, me ... not so much. In between the quiet morning stitching and the evening TV knitting there's a whole lot of day for me to "get it done."

Sometimes I get a lot done and sometimes I seem to just move messy piles around and contemplate getting a lot done. Often, for me, a project has to evolve. Seldom is the end product clear to me when I start pulling bits and pieces together.

I have LOTS of cut-off HST's (1/2-square triangles). When I say - LOTS - I mean a lot of LOTS! After pulling out all the "red and ?" HSTs, I trimmed them up to 1.5" and made piles of 8 that matched or were pretty close.


There were a lot of sets of 8, to me that said - star blocks! I was on a mission to make another quilt using up 1.5" strips. After some "strip-mining" I had all sorts of various blacks and greens. Throw in some 1.5" squares ... I save those too ... and then there was a 1/2-log cabin sort of block.



A few more were stitched together and then a few more. Still not sure where I was going with this quilt. Did I need 9? That would only measure 24" x 24" and leave way too many parts leftover. 16 blocks would be 32" x 32". I can go bigger!




There are now 32 blocks sitting on my table and parts for 4 more. Looks like 36 will be the number. Then what? Marjorie is being very helpful (I think) in sending me different layouts from EQ. Sashing? No sashing? On-Point? Straight set? 4 blocks grouped together?

Oh my  ... that's a whole lot of contemplating that I am not tackling today. Dear readers - you will get to see more of this project and some of the EQ possibilities in the very near future.

I still have HSTs leftover but I think they will hang out here on my very organized paper plate storage system. There's always the next project.


It's now time for another "in betweens" ... I'm going to go into my backyard and smell the roses.




Keep Stitching,
Mary







2 comments: